View Single Post
Old February 5, 2010, 01:02 PM   #100
ZeroJunk

I was deer hunting on Anticosti Island, if you can call it that. They don't have any predators and the deer really don't know what a man is.
I was on a logging trail and saw a 15 inch or so eight point coming toward me about 200 yards away. I decided I didn't want him and he just kept coming. He got about 10 feet away with me squatted in the midlle of the road with a full orange vest, veered around me about 10 feet, got back on the road and kept going.

If that is not bad enough the deer sleep in the peoples yards in the little port town. A very nice buck was walking down the side of the road and we pulled up rolled the window down and started feeding him potato chips. He rolled his eyes back in his head and stuck his head in the window. We rolled the window up in fear of getting poked in the eye.

I finally assassinated a little buck for one of the hunters who had filled his tags and wanted the meat thinking it was better than US deer. Other than that my hunting partner and I never fired a shot. Not our cup of tea. But the accomadations were wonderful. George Bush and Bill Gates had both stayed at our lodge fishing.

Page generated in 0.02655 seconds with 8 queries