View Single Post
Old May 6, 2015, 07:19 PM   #12
Lost Sheep

JeepHammer,

Thanks for the review of your loading career (and the prsses that populated it) Very informative and echoes my experiences.

I do have one correction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I got a Lee Turret press, 3 stations in the turret, and I still use it for small batches to this day.
It's what they call a 'Classic' Turret Press now, mines been running for 30 years with no issues at all.
Lee's Classic Turret and Deluxe Turret, the Classic Turret design is the newer of the two and has never had a 3-station turret disk.

The Deluxe Turret has an aluminum base, the Classic Turret base is cast iron.

The Classic Turret has a full inch more vertical space/clearance (the base being flatter and the base of the Deluxe being taller, thus losing some clearance).

The Classic Turret drops spent primers down the center of the ram. The Deluxe turret has a smaller-diameter ram and drops primers down alongside the ram. (and a percentage of them bounce onto my floor)

There are other differences, but the Classic Turret is clearly superior to the Deluxe Turret, though they both operate exactly the same way and both will perform admirably (as long as you don't need more than 4 -or for the older models, 3- die stations).

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries