View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 10:16 PM   #7
prof marvel

Vipoer wrote:
>Interesting perspective. No offense taken, but it seems you are a bit confused
> as to what I stated in my original post.

On the contrary, my dear sir, whilst I understood your request, it appears you do not perceive my objections.

>This is neither a news production, not an opinion piece. This is for
>entertainment. So your experiences regarding "representation" really don't
>come into play here. We're talking shooting some targets - Not "reporting" in
> any way.

That is clear. I will attempt to clarify my concerns:
1) It has been my experience that Less than 6 weeks to airing is not enough time to handle everything needed, and everything that will come up, even if you already have people to film lined up, which you do not.

Perhaps you have an uncanny ability to fast-track such things where others in the business do not...

Safety First:
2) Safely filming Live Firing and loading with fixed bayonets is not trivial.

3) Safely filming Live cannon fire is even more complex

4) Safely filming cannon fire into ballistic gel ... well you get the idea.

5) After filming is complete you will enter the editing process and the participants are unlikely to have any say over the edited product. It could be good, it could be bad, it could show them in a manner they would not like - but it is out of their hands. Therein is the rub.

I do hope that clarifies things.

>So thank you for your comments, but it appears you are a bit off-track here.

Perhaps I am, but perhaps not. I know several people involved in the BP sports who are with various independant film/production companies but they are unlikely to help because they are the ones that I mentioned in my previous post- it is they who convinced me that without some sort of editorial control it is unwise to participate in venues such as you suggest.

Added after further thought:
If on the other hand, you only wish to "stand off" and passively film the goings on at an existing event, then collect the requisite wiavers, then
Good On Ye!

good luck
yhs
prof marvel

Last edited by prof marvel; May 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries