View Single Post
Old January 30, 2009, 03:05 PM   #20
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
Remembering that this forum is about not just law, but equally our civil rights, this thread was started very close to a TEOTEAWKI scenario.
I really don't think even a full blown revolution would qualify as TEOTWAWKI, at least not in my mind.

Quote:
the Battle of Athens (1946)
I also like to read about it to remind myself.
I also think it would make a good movie. I a not sure if it would be commercially viable, but it would help with the message.

Quote:
I hate to say it, but I don't think the American people have it in us anymore.
I can't disagree. But the American Revolution started with something like 5% of colonists actively supporting it. I haven't studied up on the details for sometime but I remember it being somewhere around there. Fidel Castro landed in Cuba with 100 men, more than 80 of which died in the first few days. Rebellions are rarely as universal as the French Revolution.

Quote:
We are nowhere near the extremes needed for rebellion. The discussion that a new gun law is the trigger is standard fare for gun lists but IMHO very simplistic - no offense.
I agree that we are nowhere close. Gun laws in Ohio are reasonably tolerable, as in it is reasonable for me to tolerate them, not necessarily reasonable for them to be there. I personally am willing to stick with the system as long as I have the option of not doing so. Hence my trigger.

I really just wanted to know what the trigger was for other people. I was not saying everyone should rebel at a national firearms ban, just that everyone should think about what the trigger is and have it set in their mind.

Page generated in 0.02968 seconds with 8 queries