View Single Post
Old June 25, 2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Duzell

there are some sites that can check the serial number on your rifle, i never really looked into that, but its worth a try.i wouldnt know any other way to check, id say wait to see if someone else knows useful sources, id actually like to know now.
i know most mosins have been in a war at some time, my own mosin was beautiful out of the box. but after disassembly i noted rust damage under the top hangaurd, and i had to treat before it got any worse. so make sure you strip her down to make sure there is no issues.

Mosin disassembly
-remove bolt by holding trigger and pulling bolt back, this will pull it out of the channel. set this aside.

-press the 2 pins on the right side along the barrel,(one at a time) this will allow you to move the rings forward and set them up front to take hand guard out(the area my rifle had water/rust damage)

-now remove the wood guard, place aside

-unscrew bottom barrel screw, remove set aside

-unscrew the screw in the area behind the bolt(top rear of rifle)

-now pull top receiver and barrel/trigger away, and pull the fixed magazine out, now watch the triger, there is a small pin that can drop out , this is replaceable , but just something to note.

now its disassembled, check parts for the cosmo thats so common on mosins, and this allows you to properly access to other parts

Page generated in 0.03530 seconds with 8 queries