View Single Post
Old October 2, 2006, 11:00 AM   #3
timothy75

Accept it. People can do all sorts of things when their warmed up after the 100th try, but its irrelavent in a defensive encounter. Heck even I can shoot decent on the last magazine of the day but my first shot usually sucks. This is a blessing in disguise however if looked at from a critical perspective. False confidece in your ability can get you killed. I see no point in sitting there firing hundereds of rounds getting in the zone and shooting tiny groups. The zone is the one place I KNOW I wont be if faced with a deadly encounter so why train from there? Unless of course your refering to target shooting. 15 yards is a long shot for a gunfight also. Its important to train at all distances but remember its an execptional distance rather than the rule. Have two people stand 15 yards apart and look at the from the side 10 yards back and you'll be suprised. A full power 45 in an all steel 1911 kicks alot also and if you can keep your shots on target at 15 yards I'd say your doing alright and probably great at 7 yards a more relavent distance. If your flinching with that gun you probably always will and should consider that. But dont be influenced by things you read in magazines either. You know, the review of the gun you own, and you read the authors results of 2 inches at 25 yards but it was his fault and the gun could probably shoot better than that. Then you go out and try it say what the hells wrong with me? I say nothing and who cares. Maybe your the worst shot in the world, maybe the writer is lying and got to keep the gun. Who cares because your still going to use it if you need it right?

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries