View Single Post
Old November 25, 2013, 08:15 PM   #11
SteelChickenShooter

In my case, I had a shorter heavy barrel version that was dead nuts spot on the money at 100 yards distance. I reluctantly had to sell off firearms a few seasons ago after some health problems & bills. I came to replace that super shooter with a model that had the thumb hole stock and a little longer barrel. Shooting the same Hornady SST's that gun wouldn't hit squat. At the time, the idea was that the rifling was too shallow. It never performed as expected (better than the previous one). It was much worse. I gave it to a relative and told him to use full size Remington lead slugs and he would do well inside of 100 yards. And that did prove to be the case. The long distance slug gun of my dreams was found in the Savage model 220 shooting Hornady 20Ga SST's.
That baby will lay those puppies right in there winning your bet. Or should I say that puppy will lay those babies right in there- again winning your bet. Just not sure at this writing how your particular gun compares to the two I had or the one I'm using now.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries