View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 07:17 AM   #25
Onward Allusion

Quote:
Too many here, it seems, are either underfunded to pay the current market price for the commodity in question, or did not prepare enough in advance (like after the FIRST election)
During the '09 panic, I made daily trips to the Wally World by my work and visited another 2 Wally World every other day. At the beginning, there were no limits. I COULD HAVE have purchased the entire display case of all the popular calibers if I wanted to. I NEVER did that. I always only picked up a couple/few boxes of 9mm & 40S&W and maybe a box of 38 spl so that other shooters could get ammo. I guess I'm a straight shooter that way.

You know what? I haven't purchased ANYTHING except for 12 gauge during this panic. I have all the ammo I need for the next 5 years. I still run to the sites to see if I can grab a box when I receive an email notification, but that's more for fun than anything else. Yes, I need to get out more.

These AH's who are doing what I did during the last panic BUT ARE CLEANING OUT the shops with multiple visits in the same day to bypass the limit requirements using different clerks are creating an artificial scarcity of supply. If this were a real disaster/emergency and ammo was one of the things that would mean life or death, these guys would not do well.

Aside from the ethical violations, there are laws against scalping in most places. If people want to call laws regulations and are impediments against Capitalism & the Free-Market, so be it. However, for anyone who has taken any type of university level courses beyond 100 level's, they will know that SOME regulations ARE required to create a sustainable system. So, this ain't real free-market what these jokers are doing.

If everyone who is completely fed up with this scalping crap online, go buy some ammo from these guys. Get their info. Find out what their State Laws are. Give their State AG office a call. This "scarce" supply will disappear fairly quickly. I said IF. So, don't y'all go out and do that...

Page generated in 0.03147 seconds with 8 queries