View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 09:44 PM   #124
kraigwy

Maybe I missed something.

What I saw as the guy released the safety as he was drawing the gun. Then his finger went to the trigger as the gun was coming out of the holster.

Now I don't use a Serpa Holster but I have a lot of years (since 1966) shooting 1911 pistols. Two things I learned from the start that still work today 45 years later.

You draw the Pistol you don't release the safety until its pointed at the target.

You don't put your finger on the trigger until you have the pistol pointed at the target.

If either of the two above acts would have occurred, we wouldn't be discussing it.

If, and I saw no sign of this, the gun went off in the holster and the holster enclosed the trigger, then maybe I'd blame the holster.

When you grip a 1911, regardless of the type of holster, you thumb is resting above the safety, your trigger finger is along the slide on the other side. As you extend it toward the target your thumb slides down taking off the safety as your trigger finger goes to the trigger.

Disengaging the safety as you pull the gun out of the holster ain't the way to do it.

Maybe the individual needs to look at Blackhawk's Close Quarter Concealed holsters. You can't put your finger in the trigger guard because you need it to release the lock.

I'm more then willing to entertain any comments where I am wrong here.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Last edited by kraigwy; July 10, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.03777 seconds with 8 queries