View Single Post
Old April 21, 2009, 03:12 PM   #11
jfrey123

Just got stopped the other day while carrying, first time it had ever happened to me. In Nevada, there is no law requiring to inform the officer, but I chose to. Informed him, with hands up on the steering wheel and palms open, that I had something I needed to tell him before we start. I told him I have a valid CCW permit, and I am in deed armed.

Little bit of chit chat about the piece, he was surprised a 5 shot .38 could fit in a pocket with a holster and conceal just fine. He was also shocked at the amount of weapons listed on my carry permit. He never even ran my information, informed me the registration on my company vehicle was expired, and that I should have book keeping stay on top of it.

All in all, good stop and good experience. Usually I carry on my hip if I'm not working, and my fear is that an officer approaching from the passenger side might see the weapon while I'm digging for my wallet in the back pocket on that same strong side... I chose to inform the officer up front to avoid having his muzzle in my ear.

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 8 queries