View Single Post
Old August 31, 2005, 08:54 PM   #10
308Enfield

I've got the BOB at home in a backpack that includes clothes to stay alive in year round (layers with some warm stuff), weapon, ammo, and a good 3 day survival kit including food, water, first aid, radio, flashlight, etc. I've also got a small 3-day kit including food and water and a big first aid kit that stays in the car. So, on about 60 seconds notice I can grab one bag at home, toss that in the car, and between the 2 kits have 6 days of food and water, along with other necessities.

Honestly, as I've been reading through a couple of the different BOB threads I may look at having all of my camping gear ready to go so I'm more prepared. Right now it would add another 5 or 10 minutes to get the big frame pack with tent, sleeping bag, etc.

As far as the plan, my parents are a little less than 200 miles away and near their home we have a farm with a well, so if things get really hairy that's where we'll go. Short of open battle in the streets, however, I don't see things getting so bad we'd need to resort to the farm. Nice to know its there, though

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries