View Single Post
Old October 16, 2005, 01:24 PM   #23
USP45usp

Glenn E. Meyer

Quote:
I would suggest that for a civilian without extensive military or LEO training, you need to have some significant force on force training in this scenario.
In this one, maybe since it's gun being used. But if bombs, I remember that older lady in Israel that blew the brains out of the suidcide bomber in the market place. She was right there, drew her gun, and blew out his brains so that he wasn't able to detonate the bomb.

I think that we need more of her around then more of those that will do nothing. She could have died if the bomber was able to detonate the bomb, but she acted first, thought about that later (I would guess).

Yet I understand the issue of family also. I will not call those that don't act a coward, as I will call those that did, a hero.

To tell you the truth, I'm tired of fighting among ourselves. The paranoid of where, when, if, why, should we, moniker that is put on others because of what they do or where they do it. I'm tired of fighting the "Us vs. Them" threads where it seems as if everyone is trying to force their beliefs on others and that this or that is right, wrong, indifferent.

I find that maybe we need more positive things, more smiles instead of frowns, more happiness instead of anger. More respect and like, less judgement and contempt.

Less intolerance and no second chances, more understanding.

I forgot who said it, posted it, but they basically said that we are all different but one thing is bringing us together, and that is the like of guns, our 2nd amendment rights, and our having and believing in both.

And this past year has shown me one thing, that life is short, there is no time for hate, anger, contempt, or intolerance.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.02506 seconds with 8 queries