View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 01:13 PM   #15
Slamfire

Quote:
The fact that you mistook a cast receiver rifle for a battle rifle tells me you are no one to give advice. "Fools all around".
Perhaps you failed reading comprehension, or my post is poorly worded. I picked that rifle up and knew what it was. I have several real Arisaka rifles and knew of, but had never seen a Japanese training rifle. That is the reason I put all those pictures on the web, in case someone comes across one of these, maybe they will recognize it and not put a 6.5 Arisaka round in it.

I paid $75.00 for the training rifle and have no idea if it was worth $75.00 or $7.50.

I also read Ackley's section on blow up tests on the Arisaka. I don't remember nor am I going to look right now to see if my memory that the materials in these things were anything but carbon steel.

If you did not catch it, M1917's were not made of carbon steel, but nickle steel. That I remember. It really does not matter, I am not a fan of sporterizing military actions for more than just the reasons in my previous post.

Last edited by Slamfire; June 13, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries