View Single Post
Old December 5, 2002, 12:27 AM   #2
Preacherman

Hi, Hex! Welcome to TFL. I live just south of you. Hope that ice storm I saw on the news tonight hasn't frozen you out!

I think your A5 will do fine for shooting, but it will certainly take some wear and tear if you're going to shoot typical volumes through it (say, 500 rounds per month or so). I would suggest that if you want to preserve its historical value, it might be worth buying something else for "beater" use. On the other hand, there's nothing stopping you using it for the first few times you shoot, and trying out the guns used by other shooters. This will help you decide what gun fits you best, what action you prefer, etc.

For ammunition, a surprising amount is dependent on how a given round shoots through your gun. I've fired rounds from the same box, at the same range, through two different shotguns, with the same barrel length and choke, and got two very different patterns! I can only suggest buying a box of each of the different loads and trying it out for pattern efficiency in your shotgun. This will give you an idea of what's best for you.

Page generated in 0.03615 seconds with 8 queries