View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 05:35 PM   #10
hylysly

Quote:
Now maybe if it was just for a bug it would make sense
I bought the 380 as a BUG. However, the success in the way this holster came out provides such fast accessibility to the gun that I could see it as a primary option for some.

The barrel tip sits 2 inches above the bottom of my pant leg. That means my left hand pulls my pant leg 6-7 inches up and that FULLY exposes the gun to my right hand. When I first touch the gun, it is with a MASTER GRIP from the start while drawing.

I do NOT have to get my pant leg higher than my boot.
I do NOT have to reach down into my boot.
I do NOT have to adjust my grip after removing the gun from the holster.
I have been practicing and timing a draw (always with an unloaded weapon) and I average 1.1 seconds, standing to standing and pointing a gun.

Overall, the adjustable ride height would allow for wearing the gun even lower on the boot, but would require a longer pant leg. Or taller boots could still wear the holster with full support all the way down near the ankle, rather than being restricted to a mount near the very top of the boot.

The holster gives the versatility of wearing the gun anywhere on the outside of the boot. High or low, on the inside, outside, front, back, or outside of your leg...or anywhere in between. It would be the wearer's preference and could be adjusted easily for each pair of pants or boots it is worn with. If you have a big calf, then you might wear the gun lower to avoid printing.

Leg size and gun size will determine if the gun will be concealed or not. Little revolvers obviously have a wider midsection - but I see them working (based on the fit I have now, and where I have room to give). Longer grips and mag extensions would press out into the pant leg more, but adjusting carry angle could help with this too.

I carry a G19 in an IWB holster at 4 o'clock. The G19 would never fit in the boot holster without printing, but I think that goes without saying.

Last edited by hylysly; February 24, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02230 seconds with 8 queries