Thread: Powder Problems
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2007, 11:05 PM   #3
kjshank1

I'm using a lee turret press. I'm using lee dies & taper crimping separatly. I would say my crimp is pretty tight. I'll try backing off the crimp a little & see how they work. In case you haven't figured this out already, I'm learning how to load by trial & error. My process as far as the powder goes is... trial & error set powder measure to drop the amount of powder i want. Then I drop & measure several to make sure its right. Then I load rounds i want by dropping the powder into the pan that you use for the scale & dump it in the funnel on top of the expanding die. Which seemed to work ok for a while. The first few batches of cartridges I made were reasonably accurate. (most likely beginners luck) then i got 1000 of these lead bullets & started making them just to blast in the back yard. I've been making them probably 50 at a time. Then I figured i would try to make them shoot a little more accurate & started checking the powder charges & found it difficult to get consistent charges out of the "perfect powder". Thanks for your help again.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries