View Single Post
Old April 19, 2006, 10:45 PM   #32
riverrat66

Undecided

I've been considering LASIK Eye Surgery for several years now BUT just cannot make up my mind. Most recently my eyes have gotten much worse because I can't see nuthin' without my glasses (bifocals) but actually I'm farsighted because I can't see at a distance very well anymore either.

Like Capt. Charlie said, I too may be dealing with cataracts in the near future. But I had trouble shooting the last time I went. I actually did better by removing my glasses. Even my bifocals don't work at the computer. I use magnifying glasses I bought at the drugstore.

When I first started investigating LASIK everyone around here was going to Canada because we live so close to the border. The eye surgeons there are top notch and back then the exchange rate on the money was about 30% so you could save a bundle. I know several people who went there and are 100% satisfied. But now the exchange rate has plummeted so there is no financial advantage to going across the border. Besides I prefer spending my money in the USA and that could have been an underlying reason why I choose not have the surgery.

But after reading this thread I am really reconsidering whether or not to have this procedure. Once again, my friend Capt. Charlie has the best advise and that is, "to look for the best ophthalmologist in the business that does NOT offer LASIK and get his professional, unbiased opinion."

But it sure would be nice to be able to see without these stupid glasses AGAIN!
Life Member Harley Owners Group

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries