View Single Post
Old January 5, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1
kraigwy

So the bandit has the drop on you, so what

After reading several topics on bandit with gun on you, you're armed what would you do.

I am a firm believer, that if someone has a gun pointed at you, and you are carrying, the advantage is in your court. I think you can draw and fire before the bandit can shoot his gun he already has out.

But it requires you to practice drawing and firing. But here is a way to tell.

Take a buddy to the range. Both of you have separate targets, or I guess you can do it with one target.

Have your buddy aim his pistol at his target. Tell him when he sees you start to draw to fire. See who gets a round off first. You'd be surprised. It helps if you get him distracted, for example, get your wallet out and drop it. Chances are he'll look down.

I've taught this in LE, it works, if you get the guy talking, you'll beat him every time. You can't talk and draw at the same time.

Before you chime in and tell me I'm full of it, go to the range and try it. If you can draw your pistol/revolver, you have the edge.

If you ever read Jordon's NO SECOND PLACE WINNER, you'll know he stresses practicing drawing and firing one shot. Not that he's against multiple shots, but that its the first shot that counts.

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this post, I'll only pay attention to those who've had tried it.

After reading about the Cousin who got carjacked, or maybe another subject I want out in my back yard, no warm up, I drew my pocket revolver out of my pocket and hit the center of a silhouette target in .43 seconds. Can't remember if it was 3 or 7 yards, but thats not the point. It was in the danger zone. I will admit I started with my hand on the gun, but I walk around most of the time with my hands in my pocket anyway.

I don't think the bandit can react that fast.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries