View Single Post
Old May 2, 2013, 02:11 AM   #61
Metal god

Well lets through hitch in this whole giddy-up ! OK , no real hitch and I'm not sure where the whole giddy-up thing came from but still .

I was just looking at the 308 family and the 338 Federal . I'm liking the ballistics out to 3 and 4 hundred yards . lots of energy being transfered out there .

I started to look for rifle manufacturers that sell rifles in the 338 Federal chambering . I came across the AR 10 chambered in 338 Federal . I was thinking if I was going to stick with the whole cartridge family thing and change barrels . I would think the AR 10 would be the perfect rifle for this purpose . I have some experience with the AR platform , the AR15 in particular . I do know that the AR10 is not as interchangeable as the AR15 so my questions now would be .

1) Can you change barrels out on the AR10 just like you can with the AR15 ?

2) If so , because the case is from the same family would you be able to use the same bolt for the 338 ?

3) If the answers to 1 and 2 are yes . Can you use the same mag for the 243 , 308 and the 338 Federal ?

4) Do they make a barrel chambered in 243 for the AR10 ?

If the answer is yes to all of the above I think the AR10 would be an awesome idea . what do you all think ?

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries