View Single Post
Old January 28, 2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Lee Lapin

Don't have either one, so no direct experience to report. But I have had guns with Speedfeed magazine-type stocks, and don't like 'em, they only hold 2 rounds per side and that not reliably. Plus the rounds aren't as easy to get to as a Sidesaddle, and I like Sidesaddles.

Don't like ported barrels on 'serious' guns either, the gas/smoke between me and whatever is downrange I can do without. No, it's not directly in the line of sight but I still find it distracting.

I like the conventional Mossberg ghost rings OK, the Picatinny rail type sights I have on a FN SLP and the gun seems to be stocked for them, so they work OK too. I wouldn't pay extra for the rail if good ghost rings were available, because I'm not putting (even higher above the sight line) optics on a shotgun. I like dots on a carbine, but not on a shotgun, doesn't mean they don't work, but I'm not going there on a shotgun.

You had a good shotgun class yet? Buy a plain jane riot gun, used even, and spend the extra money on a good class before you buy a gussied-up shotgun NIB. Your skillset is more important than the gun...

jmho, ymmv,

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.02296 seconds with 8 queries