View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 10:18 AM   #25
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
But even if this gun is readily available, or others can duplicate its performance (a really big IF), there are still facts that undercut the contention that the video proves that a shotgun is a 200-yd hunting weapon.

I don't know about the gun in that video but I can speak to two guns that I have either shot or witnessed every shot at a target. One is my Rem 11-87, the other is a Browning Gold. They will BOTH shoot groups of 4-6" at 200 yards using Remington Core-Lokt Ultra 2 3/4 slugs. The 11-87 is, frankly, the only gun that matters to me because it's the only gun I use for deer. Considering that these are the only two guns I've personally seen attempt 200 yard shots and they are both fully capable, I would have to say that, odds are, a large percentage of such guns are equally capable. What are the chances that two random guns are both exceptions to the rule?

A deer gun doesn't need sub-moa performance. It's needs sub-deer lung size performance. I couldn't care less if my guns shoots 4" or even 6" groups at 200 instead of 2" or 3".

Page generated in 0.02551 seconds with 8 queries