View Single Post
Old February 8, 2005, 10:52 PM   #8
Rojoe67

My Credit Union findings......... (MI)

After contacting Michigan State Police in Lansing, Michigan I was told that only if a sign was posted no firearms or posting of that nature I was within the legal rights to carry concealed into a Community Credit Union. Now, let me tell you what and how I came to the point of contacting MSP in the first place.
I went into customer service office (manager) and informed her that I had all required documents and permits and have a valid CCW permit. I told her not to worry because I wasn't armed at that time. I asked her what this bank/credit union policy was....she stated well, I don't know sir. She had a real blank look on her face. So I asked her whom I should direct this issue with. She said the president of the credit union. She said she was sorry but he isn't here today. She took my name and number and said she would have him call me the next day. Well, as you would guess no call next day, then 3 more days passed and I called his office direct. I was put on hold for 5 minutes as I am sure his secretary informed him of me (the guy who want's to know his policy of CCW in his building) He came on and was rude and acted as if I upset his poker game. He said what do you want to carry in here for? and a few other general questions that I answered........ He then said well, no is always the answer at a bank......and he told me you know that's not only a state law but a federal law too..... I asked him what about off duty LEO's and said same goes for them......from there I knew what this guy was all about........BS..........so I then got the Michigan State Police on line and wrote them my question and a few days later I got the response I wrote of at the start of this story........ interesting....... I would strongly suggest each person that plans to carry double check all the laws before hand..... and for goodness sakes don't let anyone see your weapon while in there or the parking lot unless you want to see 3-4 police cars pull in and check your status......

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries