View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 12:11 PM   #218
Metal god

Quote:
But in and of themselves laws can not prevent a criminal act, if they did, there would be no crime
Yep ^^^^ so no background checks for anybody , got it

Quote:
Laws serve two functions, they guide the law-abiding person so he does not break the law.
This does not make sense to me . You are creating a restriction to help guide people from violating that restriction ? Why have the restriction then

Quote:
they serve as justification to punish those who do break the law.
I believe laws are in place to prevent crime and the above ^^^^

Does anybody have an answer to how to keep Teddy from getting a gun while still being able to sell Fred one . Who's to say Fred is cool ? Me cus I hang out with him

I believe the Brady act or some part of the Brady bill requires the destruction of background info with in 24hrs . This is what must stay in place if background checks for all gun purchases is put in place . I would bet Feinsteins new bill changes that and the records would now be kept on file . That would be a deal breaker for me . It's my understanding now that what gun you buy is not even known just that it's a long gun or hand gun . The same info is sent if you buy a 10/22 or a AR15 no distinction just that you are buying a long gun .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries