View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1
dmclark523

Quick Brass Question

Hello everyone. I created an account to hopefully get a question answered.

I've been shooting for years with my father, but recently decided to get into reloading. I have everything I need after following the strict instruction of my uncle, who has been reloading for 30+ years. All my equipment is very good and quality.

I am strictly reloading thus far for my .45 M1911. I bought a 100 box of Speer cases brand new, and have so far just finished loading them all successfully.

I purchased from a reliable website 500 rds of once fired .45 brass. I have looked at every single individual piece for cracks, dents, and problems. After tossing about 25 shells, I re-sized them, de-primed them, and put them in my case tumbler for about 5-6 hours a batch. (I use corn cob).

As you can see in the pictures, this is what they are looking like. Most of them are shiny and clean on the outside, but ranging from slightly grimy to grimy looking on the inside.

So the question is, dare I reload with these shells? I am just being extra careful because I am new at this, and I don't want to end up blowing my hand off.

Please let me know what you think of the pictures, and how I might improve the case, if I need to at all.

Thank you guys so much!

Drew-

Case 1

-
Case 2

Page generated in 0.03519 seconds with 8 queries