Thread: Good M44s?
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 02:37 PM   #9
Hardcase

At the show that I went to in early October, there was a local company with a stack of M44s in the plastic, still covered in cosmo for $40 each. About all you could make out on them was the date on the receiver.

I figured that for 40 clams, I couldn't go wrong with one, so I bought it. It's a typical Soviet 1946 carbine in a been there and back wartime stock with some surface rust, but a beautiful, mirror bright bore.

I cleaned the rust off of it and it looks just fine. I don't even mind the beater of a stock - no cracks, just been smacked around and it reeks of experience (well, it also reeks of cosmoline, but I'm still working on that.)

The pretty M44s were going for ~$150 and they sold out by the end of the first day. The ugly ones were there until the end - he didn't sell nearly as many as I thought that he would. I should have bought a few more.

Page generated in 0.02670 seconds with 8 queries