View Single Post
Old April 17, 2006, 08:31 AM   #23
Hal8000

Originally Posted by Neophyte: [QUOTE][/But let me add that I hope that the shotgun "behind the door" or wherever is now loaded...QUOTE]

Although Gina did a pretty darn good job in writing the story, she did "skew" a few things. For example, the shotgun WAS loaded, it just didn't have a round in the chamber. So when she says I loaded it, I actually shucked a round into the chamber...
There are definitely some things I do differently now. First, I don't keep the shotgun behind the door. That seems like a good spot, but you have to shut the door to get to it, and in our case, a shut door had to be opened. Frankly, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do!
Second, I dry fire the shotgun now so the little button under by the trigger does not have to be depressed to shuck it. The only reason I shucked it for my wife in the first place was because I questioned in my mind whether or not she'd know to push that button...

Thank you for your kind comments!

Originally Posted by Jack Malloy:
Quote:
Try as I might, I can't think of a single incident where shooting somebody in the head would not be preferale to laying down a volley of fire to make him keep his head down.
All those extra rounds downrange are just a potential civil liability lawsuit waiting to bankrupt you too.
Gina also did not include that by me laying down the "suppressive fire" it allowed my wife to get my daughter into the bed room and out of the line of fire... It worked, he kept his head behind the wall... There was no other alternative, except maybe to charge him, and THAT would have been stupid!...
Also, my closest neighbor is over a mile away, and all of my rounds were stopped by the wall I shot into. If they had of gone through the wall, I might of got the perp. That was my intent anyway!
Besides that, legal crap is the LEAST of things on your mind when your being attacked! The name of the game is SURVIVAL!

Page generated in 0.02597 seconds with 8 queries