View Single Post
Old April 1, 2014, 11:42 AM   #15
drcook

Cheapshooter,

You won't know until you have paid your money and tried it. My buddy (licensed gunsmith) builds turkey shoot guns. There are all kinds of tricks being used.

They put steps in the barrels/chokes that cut the wadding down amongst lots of other techniques.

BUT you can get a barrel by chance that will work. A local guy bought a single shot 12ga from Gander Mt, took it to a shoot with the tags still on and proceeded to win a couple grand. Needless to say, folks were offering him big money for that cheap gun.

As I said, you won't know until it comes back. My buddy has a choke tube that won him thousands of dollars on a particular gun. But when he screwed it onto another gun, he couldn't hit squat.

He has another tube he made up that didn't work, but he loaned to a friend. Later that day the guy showed up with a turkey, some cash and other stuff and split the winnings with my friend.

Here in Ohio and the surrounding states "turkey shooting" is a big deal and people pay lots of money in search of the holy grail of turkey guns. AND there are no guarantees.

Out there where you live, are the folks shooting with scopes ? You wouldn't believe some of the turkey shoot guns I have seen locally.

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries