View Single Post
Old December 3, 2008, 08:52 PM   #14
sholling

I own two Mini-14s and an AR15. The guy saying that an AR will gunk up and stop is blowing smoke. The US Military does not issue weapons that gunk up and stop every 100rds. Both are very reliable rifles, but the Mini is not what you want for an Appleseed. It's just not accurate enough during sustained fire. It'll finish the weekend fine, but as the barrel heats up it'll start stringing shots. Honestly for an Appleseed you should be using a 10/22 with Tech-Sights.

If you were looking for a reliable non-threatening truck gun for light duty plinking or predator control I'd say get the Mini. If you were looking for a heavy duty reasonably accurate plinker, truck gun, or self defense tool I'd say get the AR15. For Appleseed and cheap plinking get a 10/22, and then grab an AR after the panic subsides and the prices come back down.

Page generated in 0.02639 seconds with 8 queries