View Single Post
Old September 3, 2002, 03:53 AM   #6
cratz2

I had a Bushmaster a while back and ended up selling it just because I rarely shot it. I recently bought an RRA used (for $600 ) and absolutely love it. I've only taken it out twice and it impressed the heck out of me both times. I'm much more of a handgun guy but the RRA makes enjoying rifle shooting very easy. Again, I'm no rifle sharpshooter so I'm not going to brag about small groups but out to 300 yards, it was very easy to stay within 6" with a makeshift rest. A true rest would have allowed for more accuracy, no doubt.

I've shot surplus ammo, three different varmint rounds and a friends handloads and had no failures of any kind using USGI 30 round mags. And nearly every person that has one is extremely happy with it. I have a Rock River 1911 on order and when I had the chance to buy this one in as new condition, I didn't think too long.

For $600 new, I'd say jump on it. But as far as 'Wilson' making the barrels, I don't believe it is the Wilson of custom 1911 fame. Good barrels either way, just not that Wilson.

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 8 queries