View Single Post
Old August 9, 2010, 09:56 PM   #3
inSight-NEO

Agreed. Ammo rotation is always a good idea; not just for shotguns either. In addition, downloading by one or two could not hurt either. Less tension in the spring, less tension on the ammo. Scientific fact? I do not know. But from what I have discovered, it seems logical to me.

When using guns for HD, I tend to rotate ammo (in the shotgun) every 4 months or so, in addition to downloading by two. Given that it is a high cap tube, this works for me. For handguns, the cycle happens every 6 months or so, along with all single stack mags being downloaded by one and double stacks being downloaded by two.

As has been mentioned before, better safe than sorry.

Of course, using "appropriate" ammo never hurts either. In terms of the shotgun, I have found that Federal LE loads are quite resilient.
Guns are similar, for instance, to automobiles; in the hands of the sane and responsible, they are generally harmless. In the hands of the insane, careless or malicious, they both become deadly. Blame the person, not the means....mechanical/inanimate objects have no mind of their own.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; August 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02015 seconds with 8 queries