Thread: LGS Ripoff!
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 12:05 PM   #26
BigD_in_FL

Quote:
I stopped in a south/eastern Tennessee gun store today and was completely disgusted with what I saw on their price gouging and lack of disregard for their customers. This was a well stocked small town store that seemed to have plenty of items that we all have been looking for. It appeared that their gouging was centered around just the popular pistol calibers and the AR platforms. I will never buy a thing from this store if this is how they do business. A few examples of the gouging below.
Quote:
It was very evident that they were taking full advantage of the crazynes going on. Large rifle primers were $32/1000. Medium and large caliber rifle powders were $29/1lb. Loaded factory rifle ammo was in line also.

I hope the locals remember how they were cheated when prices and availability start to improve.
Question - Were the customers WILLINGLY paying their asking prices? There is NO such thing as gouging, please learn more about free market economics. They are not taking advantage - they are responding to the market forces of supply and demand, just like your local gas station does.

Do you KNOW what their costs were to be able to get inventory on those products at a time when most cannot get any? Do you KNOW what their new replacement costs will be for those items? If their replacement costs have gone up, then they need to raise their prices now in order to be able to buy replacement inventory. A store that does not raises according to the current supply/demand scenario will soon be out of business - a smart business man raises his prices to what the market will bear.

Try watching this video about so-called "gouging":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QEkw6_O6w

According to your rant, he should sell so low that he gets cleaned out only to see his inventory being sold on gunbroker for the huge price increases by someone else? Sorry, you sound like someone who does not own a business or understand this unique situation we find ourselves in

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries