View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Chris9472

Quote:
There has been one of those Taurus .380 ACP revolvers in the case at the local range shop for many months. No sign that anyone is remotely interested. It's one of those things that's an answer to a question nobody asked.
Well, I'm asking. If you only carry revolvers, and you want to carry something a bit smaller once in awhile then the standard .38spl/.357mag snubbie, with less recoil while still having somewhat (barely) adequate defensive capabilities, then it makes sense. It also makes sense if you love revolvers in general and your a collector, but that's a different story.

Quote:
The fact that it uses moon clips doesn't help. Yes, I understand why, but I don't think people are willing to deal with the nuisance factor (or the expense) of the clips for the dubious benefit of firing an underpowered round in a revolver.
Yes, it would be best if the M380 had a built in ejector like the type Charter Arms uses, but many people who CCW don't even bother to carry extra rounds anyway, rationalizing that 95% of the time they wouldn't need more then a full load. While I might caution against that mindset, they would probably be right.
Quote:
380 ACP round makes more sense in places (countries) where "military" calibers (such as 9mm Parabellum) are not allowed for civilian ownership. Here in the U.S. we can buy and shoot 9mm, so guns the same size as 9mm but firing a less powerful round are very much a niche product.
Again, those of us who only want to carry revolvers for SD don't necessarily worship at the alter of 9mm, although I understand that the 9mm is a fine, proven cartridge.

Quote:
And, yes ... Taurus generally has horrible trigger pulls on their revolvers.
From a qualitative standpoint, the M380 in particular was nothing to write home about either. I know that a quality .380acp revolver with the right features could be made, but so far only Taurus made the attempt, and I'm not liking what I see.

But I may still get one if and when they go for cheap on a close out deal or something. I'm not expecting these to be in their catalog for very long.

Last edited by Chris9472; November 27, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.03456 seconds with 8 queries