Thread: Silencers
View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Technosavant

Battles have been won handily on state levels while those self same issues get zero traction at the federal level. Otherwise, we'd have seen nationwide CCW by now.

I tend to agree with those who say it will be well-nigh impossible to get any momentum for this kind of thing federally, at least for the time being. We'd need to get more people interested in it by making new suppressor owners. IMO, the obstacle to this is neither the $200 tax stamp nor the other NFA hurdles, but rather the glacial pace to the entire process. If I could get my hands on a suppressor in a matter of 4-6 weeks from placing my order and plunking down cash, I'd likely have more than I do now (those I do have ended up being about a 10 month wait once everything was factored in).

It would likely be easier to insert a mandated time interval for the ATF to do their thing- limit them to 30 or 45 days, and if needed, even give a tax increase of $50 to hire more people to get it done. That would speed up everything- SBRs, AOWs, the whole of the NFA world.

Page generated in 0.02935 seconds with 8 queries