View Single Post
Old December 16, 2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Doc Hoy

For my inputs......

.....I would take the pistol case (with the pistol inside) to a locksmith and pay him to open it for you. If you do it soon, the locksmith may be overcome by the spirit of Christmas and not even charge you for it. Then get him to make you are key. It is probably a standard key that he may have in stock.

Falling levers come from two problems.

1. Weak lever spring.

$3.50 from Dixie Gun Works. I would buy a lot of stuff from them in the order because their shipping charges are kind of high. You will pay more for shipping of the spring than the spring costs. Carefully drive out the retaining pin, remove the latch, take out the old spring, put in the new one, put the latch back in place and then drive the retaining pin back into the loading lever. Any person with three hands can do this operation easily.

2. Improper mating of the latch to the barrel catch.

If the pistol is very new, it is possible that the catch was not properly alligned when the pistol was manufactured. The flat of the catch should be perpendicular to the axis of the barrel. If the pistol has a little wear on it, the mating surfaces of the latch and or catch may need some work. The surfaces may be worn in such a way as to prevent a positive engagement of the two parts. If the latch is worn, replace it. (4.50 from DGW) If the catch is worn, carefully file it.

I recall that some Pietta revolvers were sold with a deformed catch. The end of the catch was bent causing the device to come undone.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries