View Single Post
Old March 3, 2011, 11:13 PM   #25
boppynelson

Quote:
Don't throw your money away on a cheap chinese safe, which is the case with 99% of gun safes on the market today!!! Most of the the name brand safes on the market today are either completly made china or made of chinese parts that are assembled in the U.S. and then said to be made in the U.S.A.
Not much truth here at all.

Chinese safes, and most other Chinese products can be placed into three categories: The first is cheap Chinese crap, designed and built by the Chinese, to meet a low price point. The second is better Chinese products, designed and built by the Chinese, designed to be a better quality item. The third is a US designed and specified product, built and imported for a US company. This last option can range from low end to high end depending on what the importer is looking for.

I sell some very well built Chinese safes. In fact, the vast majority of the well built safes that I sell are imported from all over the world. Most of the best safes on the market are not US made. The most expensive safes, with the highest ratings, are not made in the US.

Chinese safes do not make up 99% of the gun safe market by any stretch.

There are several manufacturers that sell Chinese safes with their name attached. Some manufacturers assemble Chinese parts. Some manufacturers have their safes assembled in Mexico. Where a safe comes from has no impact on how it's built. How the safe is built is what has an impact on it's quality. I assure you that there are Chinese, Mexicans, Italians, French, Canadian, etc, etc, that can build a steel box just as good as any American. Safes are not high technology.

Some safes companies lie. I would not do business with any company who intentionally misprepresents their products. There are companies who claim they are selling US made safes when they are not.

I also don't like hearing people complain about Chinese safes, when they own many other Chinese items. I can't tell you how many times people approach me at a gun show, complain about imported safes, and everything that they are wearing (and every gun they have with them) is imported.

After looking at your website I was not impressed by the safes you sell. My sturdy safe is far superior!!!! Buy American, buy a sturdy safe!!!!

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries