View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Xyas

The girlfriend and the bank.

The other day I drove my girlfriend to the bank so she could withdraw some money. I pulled into a parking spot and she got out to go inside. As I'm waiting for her I notice a guy walking from the other side of the parking lot where there were a few houses...and a fence. I had no clue where he came from. I casually watched him out of the corner of my eye and he made eye contact and I smiled and nodded at him, he smiled and nodded back at me. I saw that he was wearing odd clothes (i.e. it's 90 degrees out and he's wearing baggy jeans and a zip up thin sweatshirt). So I watch him as he enters the bank and turns and looks at me before hurrying in.

At this point I'm starting to think more in depth about the situation. About 30 seconds after he entered my girlfriend walked out...followed by the guy. I rolled down my window and yelled at her "Hurry up! We're going to be late for the movie!" She looked at me funny (we weren't going to see a movie...) but hurried up anyways and got in the car. The guy then got in front of my car and I hurried up and drove away, watching as he headed back to where I think he came from.

I asked her if he saw an attendant or anything. She said he walked in, someone asked if they could help him and he said "oh...uhh...no nevermind" and walked out behind her.

Looking back on this situation I'm trying to think if what I did was alright...sitting in the car waiting, rolling down my window to tell her to hurry up...etc. First...I don't have my cpl yet (YET!!!!) but even if we say I did and I had the firearm on me, I don't think i would've acted differently. I'm not a fan of doing something I wouldn't normally do just because I would have a firearm. Than again...was what I did good? After suspecting something being up, should I have gotten out of my car and went inside? Should I have gotten out of my car when I saw my girlfriend coming?

I'm just looking for input and thoughts on the situation, it still seems very strange for me and I think could have gone a lot worse (what would've happened if my g/f was by herself, as an example?) My girlfriend and I talked about a code phrase if we thought something was wrong. We hadn't had one before, but she understood the meaning of the being late to a movie phrase, I'm just trying to think of something that we could use in all situations...if such a phrase exists.

Thoughts, suggestions, input, and anything else is all greatly appreciated. What would you have done? Am I over-thinking this situation? Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02321 seconds with 8 queries