View Single Post
Old November 3, 2014, 06:10 PM   #66
Mike / Tx

OMG I can't handle it, even thought the original thread is old the trivial hogwash that has been, and is being spewed is totally ridiculous.

First off the OP is using the same length barrel I have on my Ruger Compact, and using the same Remington ammo I not only was buying bulk to hunt deer and hogs with, but also the same bullets I am handloading now to do so with. I can assure everyone here it isn't the bullets, they work just fine on deer and hogs weighing up to and over 400#. Been there done it out to 400yds with that same little Ruger Compact using those same factory Remington bullets. I get just over 2600fps out of the factory loads and believe me THEY DO NOT BLOW UP ON IMPACT.

That said though, I know where to shoot them, I also know the load and how it shoots in my little short rifle. It isn't the bullets trust me, and if you need pictures feel free to browse the link below.

my pic's

You will see plenty of critters taken with that short little Ruger using the Remington 150g CL's. I even used a plain jane ol cup and core on the cow elk pictured in there as well. Guess what, didn't go 10' from impact to dirt nap.

Really.... blowing up on impact, needing premium bullets, for hogs and whitetail deer????? utterly ridiculous.....

As for the '06, sorry to burst your bubbles but the same thing with it as well. Load the factory ammo, slip into the woods, find the critter, aim, shoot, and go clean said critter. No fuss, no muss, or exotic premium bullets needed....

Sheesh we're not talking about something like a Cape Buffalo...just someone who need to learn the sought after game's anatomy and practice shooting alot....

Page generated in 0.05479 seconds with 8 queries