View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 12:24 PM   #59
bazookajeff89

First off Nogun, I applaud you for coming into a gun forum and having a rational debate for your side instead of just assuming we are all crazy.

The first thing i would like to address is the "civilian weapons vs. Military arsenal" argument. First off as a current member of the military on a CONUS base I can assure you that many people wouldn't even consider fighting the local town. The first reason being that a large portion are a PART of the local town. I don't think i'm prepared to start taking out people who have become my family and friends. Secondly, the purported idea that we would be fighting tanks, armored aircraft etc. etc. The resources you need just to position a tank somewhere is monumental and i guarantee they aren't everywhere and even if you were facing a tank, it's more likely you could just get away from it down an alley or through a house. Lastly, as a member of the US Military I took an oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Many more people that I serve with feel very strongly about that and wouldn't follow orders that go against that oath.

Next, I would like to give my viewpoint as one of the younger generation on this site as i'm 23. I have never had to face at gunpoint anybody, nor have I been robbed or threatened with physical violence to that extreme. However, I know that if the situation were to occur, I would need to put up as strong a front as a could, I have no personal self defense history or any crazy knowledge about how to protect myself. But, I do know that if their is even a modicum of rational thought left behind in the Bad Guy(BG), then looking down the chamber of a gun will get their attention. Less so with a taser. Also from conversations with police officers(and this may be outdated) I know that they are only stunned while the voltage is going through them, hardly a permanent solution. I understand the thought that a gun ban will keep you safer. That with less weapons around will be a lower risk that they will "fall into the wrong hands" but the reality is it's not about the tool, it's about the user, what we need isn't a ban on weapons or even a restriction, but an emphasis on training and personal responsibility.

Page generated in 0.05599 seconds with 8 queries