View Single Post
Old January 4, 2010, 12:21 AM   #24
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprevolver
You have a pretty rare carbine. I have one NIB that I purchased from Cabela's back in 1998. They were only on the market for a couple of years.
Thanks Jim, I'll do some more searching using that S&G name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers McGee
Are you sure about the manufacture dates on the carbine? I recall seeing one in a Gun Shop in Jeff City MO. I was at a drill weekend and stopped in during lunch for some carridges & they had one in the display case. I retired from the Guard in 1994, so it had to be well before then, I'm thinking 91 or 92. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.
The date stamp is 1998 on mine. I have not found any on-line info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnw42
I'd like to know were you got the stocks for that Colt, I'd like to find one for my 1861.
If you are referring to the detachable shoulder stock, they come up on Gunbroker and even evil bay occasionally. If you want one for a 61 Navy then the 51 Navy should be the size you need. The 60 has a longer grip frame so it may use a different shoulder stock. Is your frame and bottom of the grip cut for the shoulder stock? I don't recall seeing a 61 with the frame cuts, but 61 collection is very limited. Most shoulder stocked revolvers have the fourth screw on the frame but the stock I have (Uberti) fits frames with out the fourth screw fine. You just need the cut out in the recoil shield and the grip.

Last edited by madcratebuilder; January 4, 2010 at 12:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries