View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 01:27 PM   #24
Magnum Wheel Man

Update... it seems to shoot...

been busy with the hot rods lately ( too many hobbies )

anyway, I've found 2 very different loads that both shoot to the same point of aim...

bear in mind, these are custom lathe turned cases, & the case capacities are less than the old 22 CCM both cartridges are loaded to 1/8" of the cylinder lenth, & both were loaded using the stainless turned cases

1st load was with my buddies cast gas checks ( averaging 45 grains ) loaded with 1.5 grains of Trailboss... early shooting shows nice sized hand held groups at 25ft shooting to point of aim ( the sights were set at for 22 Mag, the original chambering of the gun )... very quiet shooting, not at all painfull without hearing protection... my chrony is still broken, so I don't have velocities, but would guess at somewhere between 600 & 800 fps out of a 4" barrel

2nd load was using Hornady 35 grain balistic tips, & 5 grains of Accurate #9 shot to the same point of aim... not much recoil, but much louder than the trailboss loads... would not want to guess as to speed, but definately supersonic

Trailboss loads didn't require any sizing of the cases, #9 loads only required sizing of the case mouth to retain the bullets... both loads used Federal Small Pistol Primers... both are turning in nice groupings...

since this was designed to be a basic small game hunting load, I want to try a mushrooming soft point, & am still waiting for my own un-gas checked cast bullet mold

Page generated in 0.03009 seconds with 8 queries