View Single Post
Old January 8, 2008, 08:14 PM   #28
Chui

Quote:
IPDS is the civillian version of Center axis relock. There are absolutely no differences between the two systems of shooting, they are both the same. The courses are run a little differently only because of the fact that certain aspects of the military / law enforcement courses would not be applicaple to the civillian, for instance team assault drills and alike.

CAR is an aggressive shooting system. Many people get turned off by this and they dismiss the entire system because they think they'll get hung in court for using it. Look at it this way...we know that the type of encounters we're most likely to face as civillians are going to be generally up close. Muggings, carjackings, and home invasions are probably the most common types of scenarios. People don't get mugged at 10,15, and 25 yards. They get mugged or assaulted in their personal zones. Same goes for car jackings. In the home, most distances across rooms are generally no more than 10 yards, with most areas being much tighter than that. The stress of fighting up close is incredible. The time frame of these types of encounters are very short and often very violent. If someone chooses to attack me or my loved ones with deadly force, who says I have to go "shot for shot" with them. Im sure anyone one of us would want to end such and incident as soon as possible. In the home, every shot the bad guys is allowed to take is a shot that could sail past you and kill a family member, or could kill you. The CAR system allows for the victim to respond with 'violence of action' which is not a bad thing. Multiple body, head shots can be fired with great speed from a very strong fighting position in CAR. This allows the victim to end the fight quickly...the fight that he was forced into. CAR looks scary because frankly, it is... Its scary-fast and effective.
Evan, I like the aggression. It's up to the individual to THINK about his/her circumstances and act accordingly. I find it much easier to ease up than to go forward.

There is a season for all things: slow aimed fire, "point" shooting, surgical speed shooting, running, etc. Those who do not see this remind me of the karate do guys some time ago pronouncing their system as being "the best" only to have their arses handed to them by non-martial artists. Same thing happened when UFC first came popular. Open your minds or get knocked out of same...

Page generated in 0.03365 seconds with 8 queries