View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 09:49 PM   #136
Elmer

Quote:
I did not say budget was the sole determining factor I said it had to meet the specifications that were set out also...
OK, then we agree. Good. Agencies don't buy just on costs.

Quote:
Weight and Energy along with the expansion or non expansion of the round will matter. Physics matter along with accuracy.
The energy of a handgun round does not determine it's terminal performance. There are 9mm and .38 Special rounds with higher energies than most .45 ACP rounds.

Quote:
Lastly not everyone is incapable of handling a 45 with the same relative ease as a 9mm. I am a physically large guy and I find 9mm,40,45 are all relatively a non challenge in handling recoil. Some people have different strenght and different builds of course. .
You were arguing about Newton's 3rd law earlier. It applies here. A 9mm will recoil less than a .40 or .45 in a similar weight gun.

I've been shooting .45's since the early 70's, competitively for a number of those years. I would not argue a 9mm isn't easier to shoot. Just as a 9mm is easier to shoot than a .40. Given .40 and 9mm's similar performance levels, I'd carry a 9. It has nothing to do with being unable to handle a .40.

Page generated in 0.02463 seconds with 8 queries