View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013, 10:38 PM   #12
jmr40

Quote:
Do you really think with modern defensive ammo there is a dimes difference between .45, .40 or 9mm as long as shot placement is good.
Not just modern ammo. This debate has been going on for 100 years. I've never seen a single test, research project or any other form of data that shows a clear winner. Even going back to WW-1. The US Army concluded in 1946 testing that there was no difference, and the greater ammo capacity and barrier penetration of the 9mm made it a better choice for the military.

The Army wanted to change to 9mm in 1946, but with no major war, and millions of 1911's in inventory they waited until 1985 when they were finally worn out. Every time you look at comparable ammo from any of the common rounds the results are too close to declare any winners. If a debate cannot be settled in 100+ years of trying lets call it a tie and move on.

I own and like many different handgun chamberings from 380 to 44 magnum. I own 45's because I like some of the guns they are chambered in, but I'd just as soon pick up one of the 9mm's as any of the others if necessary.

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries