View Single Post
Old March 14, 2014, 07:31 AM   #4
kevdrums

Thanks for the replies! What problems were caused by using shims? would the shims even make a big enough difference if I'm looking at a half inch between the mid and front beads? I guess I'm at the point that I just let the a400 Xcel go, and go back the Benelli.
My biggest unbelief is that I can't find anywhere online with anyone else mentioning these problems. I would think that if I had these big of issues with the a400, and the Maxus and Benelli fit perfectly, then something has to be inherently different in the way Beretta sets up their guns out of the factory. It's hard to believe that there isn't someone who tries the Beretta and says this is perfect, then tries then Maxus and Benelli and thinks, "what the heck is wrong with these," and vice versa.
It has to be an absolute difference, and one that all shooters would notice, especially for how big the "get a shotgun that fits you" mantra is pushed. If the shims are for perfecting, not making large differences, then the beretta shooters must have a different build than benelli and browning shooters, or any other shotgun brand I've held actually.

Page generated in 0.03302 seconds with 8 queries