Thread: Had a break in.
View Single Post
Old November 17, 2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Jmarshall

Had a break in.

I have to apologize for the way this is written has im still very shaken up, I cant get back to sleep and felt i might aswell get this out there while im awake going over everthing in my head thank god i didnt have to shoot I have faith in the training ive recieved and little else.

Well me and my girlfriend are both 21 and moved into our first place this last month. Tonight I had the unfortunate experience of having to draw a weapon on an intruder.

We live in a small 2 room appartment on the bottom floor of a apartment complex, really a quite area to live very low crime rates only reason I keep the safe so close to my bed is 1. it was bolted there by me and 2. dad put a good bit of 'always plan for the worst case' in me. I have to stress this apartment is small, i think a little over 300sq ft.

Was about 11pm AKST and I had just gone to bed, and the very distinct sound of a lock being broken got my ears perked. Our hosue is layed out Front door, living room small kitchen door into bedroom. We have the door to the bedroom closed so I unlock the safe witch is located by this door and I am able to peer out the door and reach the pistol. So I peer through and see that that front door is open and there is someone in the living room. I pull the pistol and announce that I am armed and suggested that he not move. The pistol has crimson grips and an under the barrel tac light. I start making ALOT OF NOISE to get someone to wake up around has he is between us and the only phone. Thankfully there is a teenager that lives nextdoor who was up playing xbox and called 911, I didnt know it but the police arrived within 10 minutes of me drawing the pistol. They arrived and took the man away, a seargeant stayed behind and talked with us for a bit and took statements.

Things i think i need to work on...

Get phone in the bedroom.
More training, has I was shaking the whole time, im not proud admitting it but damn...just damn I cant describe it.

Im still shaking. Need wisdom.

Page generated in 0.02676 seconds with 8 queries