View Single Post
Old January 18, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1
rem870hunter

proper sight alignment and deer shooting

i decided to hunt with my open sights this deer season. whcich is over for firearm the 31st of the month. i am going to the range within the next few days. but i am curious as to whether or not i am going to get the results i am thinking i will get. i have the 870 sighted in with slugs at 50 yards. i can keep 3/3 or 5/5 shots inside a 9" paper plate. i am holding the front sight blade on the bottom of the plate even with the top of the rear v notch. so looking down the barrel i have the plate sitting on top of the blade/vnotch of the sights. if i leave the sights this way and shoot at a deer within 50 yards. and holding the sights just behind the front leg, on the deer. would i shoot over it or would i hit the deer? i have been thinking about this for last few days. i haven't seen any the last few times i was in the field. and because i have been doing more of a stalk hunt than sitting on the ground or up in a stand. i don't put a slug in the chamber. i know that with my scope its putting the crosshairs of the scope where i want the slug to go. should i put the blade/vnotch in the middle of the plate? which is where i want the slug to go. and adjust my sights to hit the plate as center as possible.

Page generated in 0.02270 seconds with 8 queries