View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Patriot86

This sounds selfish but I am all for excluding the city of Chicago if it gives the rest of the state CCW, because without clear legal definitions on the limitations a city may put on CCW I am sure for decades to come any CCW in Chicago proper would be a joke. Riddled with unreasonable restrictions, costs, hurdles and police harassment. Without clear legal intervention from the SCOTUS on this matter, one way or the other Chicago residents will not be receiving full second amendment rights anytime soon. Basically, unless the SCOTUS weights in CCW in Chicago is a moot point, because even if it did exist you wouldn't want to do it, or couldn't do it.

In regards to Cook county, exempting the whole of cook county (besides the City of Chicago) would be throwing a lot of gun enthusiasts, myself included right under the bus. Cook county is a LOT more than the city of Chicago, many places are pro gun and even have pro gun representatives in the state and national house of reps. While Cook County has its rotten apples like Morton Grove and Winnetka it also has many areas that are far more reasonable.

#2 reason, I honestly feel the current (non Chicago) Cook County leadership is far more reasonable and is not looking for a legal fight they cannot win and for that matter cannot afford to fight in the courts. After finally ridding ourselves of the "Todd'ler, Cook county just might see some positive change.

In a perfect world we would end up with better than Florida or Utah style CCW here in Illinois but unfortunately Illinois is far from perfect.

Last edited by Patriot86; September 6, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.04132 seconds with 8 queries