View Single Post
Old May 16, 2012, 09:43 PM   #8
Sheikyourbootie

Quote:
Daggitt

I'll strongly reccomend against ,"slam firing" the 40 year old used shotgun of uncertain history. Probably not a good idea.
Why? These guns are designed for it. If you remove the stalk, and then remove the trigger group, there are TWO seers present. The second seer engages a triangular shaped pin sticking out to the right of the hammer. Assuming the trigger is held down while pumping, that second seer catches the hammer and holds it back until the bolt assembly is locked...thereby pushing the slide release bar forward (this bar is where the second seer is located). If the little tab were broken...the hammer would just follow the bolt down and not have enough momentum to dent the primer.

The REAL danger (as I found out with my recent 200 dollar purchase that I decided to function test before I cleaned the crap out of the receiver) is debris holding the trigger in a depressed position....thereby FIRING THE SHELL JUST FROM PUMPING!!!!! I tried to capture this malfunction on video .... could not get the gun to reproduce the malfunction though. Upon complete disassembly, the cause was self evident...all the rust and 50 years of crap were engaging the trigger.

Function test your gun in a safe place and ALWAYS keep the muzzle in a safe direction.

Page generated in 0.03049 seconds with 8 queries