View Single Post
Old March 1, 2012, 06:24 PM   #7
m&p45acp10+1

I am right handed, and left eye dominant. I have very bad astygmatism (sp.?) in my right eye. If I try to sight down a long gun right handed I can not see the bead my eye will not focus on it. My grampa saw this when I was a baby and he taught me to shoot lefty sometime shortly after the diapers came off from the way he put it.

Now I have helped a friend that was in his 50's with the same problem that had no experience with long guns. He used a jig saw, and a pice of cabinet wood to cut out a mock up of a stock then glued a wraping paper tube to it. on the underside where a trigger guard would be he put a drawer handle. He would practice mounting, and lead for 10 minutes every night. If you are careful and follow safty guidlines your regular shotgun would work for this. He felt safer using the mock up. Besides when painted at glance it looked like a real double barrelled shotgun. His grandkids still play with the mock up.

A month and half later he was shootig clays, and not missing very many of them.

You have to keep doing it until it feels natural. You become comfortable doing it. Imagine if you had to drive from the other side of the car. You do it enough and you will adapt.

Page generated in 0.03450 seconds with 8 queries