View Single Post
Old March 24, 2013, 10:51 AM   #22
SHE3PDOG

I'm from Indiana. I obviously have enough money to buy guns and ammo, so I must not be that poor. I have an associates degree and am continuing my education while serving in the Marine Corps in the Intel community. I don't believe I fit their stereotypes very well.

As far as being paranoid goes, we live in a society full of paranoia. For instance, by our standards they were being extremely paranoid by erroneously fearing guns or people with guns. We are constantly being accused of paranoia for bearing arms in our homes or in public for the purpose of self defense, but are our opponents not being paranoid by assuming that we might turn on them? This argument would likely quickly be rejected by many as an attack on an individual's rationale.

Despite the above argument, a better argument for the less mentally adequate folks that may oppose us might be something related to every day scenarios. For instance, statistically you are about as likely to die in car accident as you are by a gunshot wound, but I bet those scholarly gentlemen wouldn't think twice about putting their seat belt on when they get in a car. How is that much different from me utilizing my firearm to protect my life?

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries